Sometimes its easy to get caught up in the day to day cash flow in the business, but you need to step back and take a look whether you’re really turning a profit.
Season Overview: Financial Basics 101
Episode Focus: Cash Flow v Profit
Episode Number: S01E01
‘How To’ with David Boyar
- Get back to basics with these crucial accounting concepts
- “I’m making all this profit, where’s my cash?” – How do different drivers in your business impact your cash flow?
- What’s your strategy? Cash is king isn’t always the answer.
- How to know when to reinvest in your business, or when to keep the cash on hand.
- How to utilise technology and software in your business to create the most value.
- Using ‘attack’ and ‘defence’ positions to keep your business on top and maximise profitability and cashflow
- Find out at what stage of the business cycle you should turn your attention from cash to profit.
- Find out what happens when your overtrade or grow to fast. Read about the failure of Appster with this inside interview from their CFO.
- Why is it socially acceptable to talk about ‘cash flow problems’ in your business, but much harder to discuss a ‘profit problem’?
- Understand the drivers in your business so that you can plan forward with confidence.
Tech in Your Business: With Keran McKenzie
Thank you to Keran, from The Futurist Project, for joining us this season to talk about how to use tech to maximise value in your business.
- Tools to increase profitability and cash flow at the same time
- Decrease debtor days with these easy to execute strategies or try third party apps or add ons, like ezyCollect or SimplyPay
- Automate your debt collection process from within your cloud accounting platform with Debtor Daddy, ezyCollect or IODM
- How to reserve your business’ talent where it is needed most, instead of on costly, repetitive tasks
- How Hexaware enabled a huge reduction in employee overheads
The Pitch: Piccard AI
- How piccard.ai helps businesses by using predictive technologies
- The business case for using these technology to reduce overheads
- How they’ve brought new technologies, like AI and machine learning, to the market
Sequel CFO is a franchise network of highly experienced CFOs who offer their expertise and insights to small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs). Our goal is to empower SMEs to make considered decisions using fact based information, which will improve the financial health of their business.
To book your free Discovery Session with an experienced CFO, head to www.sequelcfo.com/deal